Distance Interpreting (DI) or Remote Interpreting (RI) follows the same logic as "ordinary" simultaneous or consecutive interpreting (see sections "Consecutive Interpreting" and "Simultaneous Interpreting"). It is used whenever interpreters and/or conference participants are unable to attend an event in person. This makes it necessary for interpreters to be connected to the event via audio and/or video link using an appropriate IT solution / video conference platform, which may be embedded in a so-called remote interpreting hub or studio.
For remote interpreting, prices are guided by standard interpreting fees (usually charged per conference day) and also depend on various factors such as the duration and type of assignment (specialist field, subject and intensity of preparation, audience, language combination). Additional fees may also apply:
- Costs for conference equipment (remote interpreting hub/studio, technical support, moderation)
- Production and post-production costs
- For larger teams: Costs for project and team management
- Necessary additional services: translation of meeting documents and conference materials (e.g., brochures, videos, documentation, show interludes)
- Utilisation fees for the use of image and sound recordings and streaming
- Accessibility: subtitles and/or written interpreting
Get in touch with us to clarify your needs. We are happy to advise you and will provide you with a tailor-made Quote.